[sword-devel] Bishop 1.1.4

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 16 11:45:59 MST 2018

Hey guys,

I have finally gotten around to bringing Bishop on iOS up to parity with
Bishop on Android.  In the process I tried to make the menus look a
little prettier and fixed a couple bugs-- specifically now Language
Assist always uses the displayed module instead of any chosen Preferred
Word Study Bible from Settings.

I have tried to take Michael P. Johnson's advice and just throw it into
the Apple Store under an individual account while we still try to get a
"CrossWire" organization account, but this process is gruesome.  I got
bogged down in creating the necessary screenshots for each supported
platform.  Anyone running Bishop on iOS wanna help with that?  I don't
actually have an iOS device and don't know how to create screenshots
from the emulator in the exact dimensions Apple wants for each supported
device.

In the mean time, all locations have been updated with 1.1.4:

Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.crosswire.bishop

Direct Install Android: https://crosswire.org/bishop.apk

Direct Install iOS: https://crosswire.org/bishop.ipa and
https://crosswire.org/bishop/manifest.plist  (I actually don't know what
this .plist file is for if you can just use the first list but Apple
says if I upload it, then a user can install directly from the web.
I've not heard of any actual confirmations that anyone has been able to
do this.)

If you've sent me your Apple device UUID, I believe I've added them all
to the manifest build file, so if you still have no luck installing for
iOS, please ping me again with you UUID and I'll be sure it's in there.
If you haven't given me your UUID and would like to try it out, please
send, as well.

Let me know if I've screwed anything up or if you have other feedback.

Blessings,

Troy