[sword-devel] Windows Builds

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 07:52:59 MST 2018

Dear all,

I have made a first pass at building the Windows version of the Sword
utilities. You can find the resulting builds for 1.8.1 here:
http://dl.thehellings.com/sword-utils/ as per usual.

These are not officially supported or endorsed by CrossWire. I create them
of my own volition and not in my capacity as the release manager here. They
are simply zipped versions of the files I build from the Fedora MinGW
packages.

I haven't a Windows machine up and running today to test them out. These
packages include the latest versions of all the files that were part of the
1.7.4 release bundle. However, since much time has passed since then, it
would not surprise me if there are DLL files that have been added to the
dependency tree since then. If you encounter issues with executing the
files, please give me a holler and I'll see if there's an obvious solution.

For those who are interested, and since I now automate everything I
reasonably can manage to automate, you can see the scripts I use to build
these files at https://github.com/greg-hellings/config. If you have Vagrant
and Ansible installed on your local system, you can build the same results
by opening the vagrant/mingw_sword_package folder from that repository and
issuing the command "vagrant up". This should be do-able by anyone on any
host. Doing so will bring up a guest Fedora 27 system, install the latest
test version of the MinGW Sword package, package the results, and create a
zip folder in the root of your current directory alongside the Vagrantfile.

Please feel free to ask questions or chastise me if something is amiss.

--Greg