[sword-devel] Web server certificate

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Fri Jan 12 16:50:21 MST 2018

FYI
We use Let’s Encrypt (LE) certificates for our web server. These have to be renewed every 90 days. Ours expires in 2 days.

We use the certbot acme from eff.org to obtain the certs from LE. As of a couple of days ago the mechanism that certbot uses was turned off for security reasons.

I’m trying to renew these before expiration. Certbot and LE are working on interim and long term solutions.

For details see: https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/2018-01-11-update-regarding-acme-tls-sni-and-shared-hosting-infrastructure/50188

There are links on that page for many more details.

— DM Smith
From my phone. Brief. Weird autocorrections.