[sword-devel] Wiki writers - attention

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Mon Jan 8 09:13:57 MST 2018

Thanks Troy,

Very helpful background to the discussion and today's flurry of activity.
I just wish I'd been included before rather than after.

Admittedly, you never see me in the IRC channel for CrossWire or SWORD.
I've never found IRC an attractive means of communication, but that may just reflect my personal aptitudes to certain things.
e.g. A bit like why (e.g.) I use Facebook but have never bought into Twitter.

I'm all for correcting information that's either wrong or outdated.. I often try to do that myself.
I too try to perceive what it might be like to come to the wiki as a first-time visitor.
I can still recall what it was like for me in 2007, and that as an experienced Wikipedian.

One of the most under-used aspects of all wikis is the Category feature.
It's often easier to find out "What might be there" by this means than by Search.
Everyone editing or creating a page should aim to make certain the page is properly categorised.

So far today, although I've also been "editing like mad", I've refrained from doing all but one revert.
And that's a courtesy to Karl because of his announced two week absence.

Today's not been like I expected it to be.

Best regards,

David