[sword-devel] Docker ?

Pola Edward pcprogramer at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 23:09:48 MST 2018

Think of it as a lightweight VM.
While VMs are fat, because they run a whole operating system inside just to run your software in isolated environment, Containers are very lightweight since they do that kind of isolation on the software level without the need to have a whole another operating system running inside.

Of course, they are not replacement for VMs, however, they provided a very lightweight replacement for a lot of scenarios.