[sword-devel] More French questions

Dominique Corbex dominique at corbex.org
Tue Jan 2 12:06:03 MST 2018

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 18:11:07 -0500
"John Dudeck" <john.dudeck at sim.org> wrote:

Hi John,

> Do you know if Calvin is close to BHS - Bible Hebraic Stuttgartensia (or something like that)?
An alternate v11n for Massoretic Texts exists, but the order of books is different, e.g. the 5 last books are Esther, Daniel, Ezra, Nehemiah, Chronicles,
It may fit the BHS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblia_Hebraica_Stuttgartensia#Book_order) but not the 'Colombe'.

> But the Colombe is different in the book of Joel... it follows the BHS and has 4 chapters.

In fact, after a closer look, I discovered 56 differences in OT and 2 in NT between the Segond 1910 and a revised 1978 I own.
This are not only differences in the number of maximum verses per chapter, but also in the number of chapter for 2 books, Joel and Malachi.

I guess you have two options, either you renumber the verses of the commentary to match an existing v11n, or you write a new verse map for the 'Colombe'.
As a starting point, please find attached a skeleton for a new v11n, it is based on my own Bible 'Colombe'.

Best regards,
--
domcox <dominique at corbex.org>