[sword-devel] Inclusion of the Reina-Valera 1865

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 20:28:27 MST 2018

Hi Vince,

There isn't really a good native OSIS editing system. However, there are
excellent Bible editing software programs available with no cost.

I suggest you seek an USFM editor instead. Bibledit, Paratext, Autographa
Lite, Translation Studio are all excellent programs. (See the links). Each
of these programs has checking tools which will greatly improve your
ability to detect issues with your Bible text, and to correct the issues
you find. Once you have a clean USFM, conforming to OSIS is relatively
simple. I believe the preferred method these days is a python script
'u2o.py'.

OSIS is an output intended for computers.  USFM is a tagging language that
is usable by humans and computers, which produces USX (An xml language
similar to OSIS, but designed this decade by the same groups that produced
OSIS in the early 2000's.)

Paratext: https://pt8.paratext.org/
Bibledit: http://bibledit.org/
    I think Bibledit imports OSIS, if you already have worked toward clean
OSIS.
Autographa: https://www.autographa.com/
Translation Studio: https://unfoldingword.org/ts/

About USFM: http://ubsicap.github.io/usfm/