[sword-devel] UnlockInfo .conf entry

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Dec 29 20:31:01 MST 2018

Hi Jaak, thanks for the feedback...

On 12/29/18 5:39 PM, Jaak Ristioja wrote:
> Why can't the About= entry contain this information?

The About= entry does contain this information right now, but it usually
contains too much information for a nice, short, description for a UI to
display instruction how to obtain an unlock code.  The About= usually
has a ton of copyright and usage info, especially for a locked module.

> I'm unsure whether "UnlockInfo" is the best name.

Do you have a better suggestion?

> Is it safe to assume that this entry will only be relevant for modules
> with a CipherKey= entry?

Yes

> Using HTML might be a can of worms:
This is defined in our wiki:

"Some allow HTML <a href="xxx">label</a>hypertext links. HTML is not
allowed otherwise."

http://wiki.crosswire.org/DevTools:conf_Files

Lookup up this in our wiki, I found an entry which I am not sure where
it came from.  I have checked out repo and don't see any instances.  It
looks like it was added to the wiki by Osk and could have been from a
conversation I had with him years ago, but I don't remember:

UnlockURL=

Regardless, I would still like to move forward with the here proposed
UnlockInfo, as it gives the publishers an opportunity include verbiage
in addition to a link.

Troy