[sword-devel] Modules, Tracker - some remarks

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Mon Dec 3 12:15:56 MST 2018

It's generally safe to assume that taking the initiative to work towards a module update or new module release is unlikely to duplicate work already started by another volunteer.

Once you've dived in and got deep into the details, the fact that you may need to ask a technical question about module development in that specific context, this will alert CrossWire about what you're aiming to accomplish.

Finding by coincidence that two volunteers have independently taken the initiative for the same task is such a rare event that I can't think of an instance when this has happened. Even so, it often succeeds better when a pair of CrossWire volunteers choose to work together on such a project. "Two are better than one" as the writer of Ecclesiastes taught.

Nobody needs to ask CrossWire for permission to pick up a task in modules and run with it.
As long as all the requirements for module submissions are met, it's unlikely that any other CrossWire volunteer will object to your active involvement.

Module updates for those where a text source is specified in the .conf file may require getting the owner of the text to become involved in making corrections to the text that they host.

Best regards,

David

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile