[sword-devel] Android common module storage location

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Apr 23 04:36:56 MST 2018

I'm trying to figure out why I can't get Bishop and AndBible to see the
same module set.

I've got my modules in (what is perceived as, via File Manager)
"/Internal storage/sword". Now, from an ftp client poking around the
local filesystem, this appears as /storage/emulated/0/sword.

However, that's somewhat unreal, too, because if I poke upward in the
filesystem far enough, I discover that I can reach /sdcard, which
contains what's seen originally, so that I can refer to /sdcard/sword.
Using a terminal emulator, termux, I learn that /sdcard is a symlink to
/storage/self/primary.

Well, fine so far, actually: I have my modules in an identifiable place.
On Troy's reference, I find this in Sword bindings:

static char *SWORD_PATH = "/sdcard/sword";
static char *AND_BIBLE_MODULES_PATH =
"/sdcard/Android/data/net.bible.android.activity/files";

Termux will let me "cd /sdcard/sword" just fine, or use
/storage/self/primary/sword equivalently.

So why doesn't AndBible find my modules? It's insisting on starting from
scratch, and simply exits if I decline. For some reason, it doesn't see
(or isn't using) the perfectly acceptable /sdcard/sword.

Otherwise, can someone give an acceptable Android UI way to say the
equivalent of
    mv /sdcard/sword/mods.d/*
/sdcard/Android/data/net.bible.android.activity/files/mods.d/"
and so forth?