[sword-devel] lack of apocrypha localization

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Oct 15 10:49:51 MST 2017

David, it is hard to see the context of your reply when you post from Nabble. Please include the context in your post.

See below:

> On Oct 15, 2017, at 11:43 AM, David Haslam wrote:
>
> Something that we forgot to review when Av11n was first implemented?

No. We didn’t have translations of the Av11n book names. The fall back is to English.

> And how about another problem?
>
> What does a cross-reference to 1 Kings 13:12 point to?

All references within a module should use an OSIS ID. If so it is not a problem.

User input is a different story.

> In a Catholic Bible with 1/2/3/4 Kings, it should point to 1 Samuel 13:12
> but would our scripts to fix cross-references even have a clue about this?

Rather than asking us to dig into the code, please try doing a test on your own and report the outcome.

> After all, they invoke SWORD bindings to determine the target.
> And that involves calls to the locale file for the language.
> How can a locale.d file even cope with conflicts about booknames like this?

This has nothing to do with the locale files. But rather the definition of av11n.

I don’t think we included this in our definition of av11n.

In Him,
	DM