[sword-devel] Danish Bibles - do we need a Northern Versifcation?

Tomas Groth second at tgc.dk
Thu May 25 12:34:33 MST 2017

Hi Peter,

> Brilliant, yes, that would be very good if you would get involved. I will
> sent later off-list a list of verses which did not fit - but bear in mind
> that the problem often lies earlier - e.g. a verse early in the chapter is
> split into two and then much further down a verse does not fit anymore or
> some such - The Pentateuch and the minor prophets are particularly
> notorious for many variations in verse and chapter allignment.

I just had a quick look at the existing Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and
finish bible modules available from SWORD, and it seems that besides the
Danish bibles, only the "norbroed" bible is NRSV, and has this comment in
the conf file: "Corrected versification assignment".
So if this can be used as first step, the NRSV is only for Danish and
(some) Norwegian bibles.
Do you have the original files used for the "norbroed" module? Could be
interesting to see if the verse-mismatch is comparable to the ones from the
Danish modules.

Best regards,
Tomas