[sword-devel] OSISVariants & SWORD

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Mar 20 10:42:33 MST 2017

No variants doesn’t make sense to me. How do you envision that being useful?

The basic idea of a variant is that the base text is variant 1. Showing variant 1 gives the base text.

The second text is variant 2. Showing variant 2 gives the second text.

Showing no variant will only show the text in common with the two. That is the text that is not marked as a variant.

There are several things that are variants (from an examination of the TR with Scrivener variants on Robinson’s site):
Words: present in one, but not the other.
Words: differing in one from the other.
Phrases: present in one but not the other.
Phrases: differing in one from the other.
Verses: Present in one, but not the other.
Verses: Different ordering. Even across chapters.

I imagine there can be others.

DM