[sword-devel] CORS API

Stephan info at tetzels.de
Sun Jun 25 16:48:27 MST 2017

Hi Troy,

I'm not talking about indexedDB. CORS enabled is necessary to be able to
download the module files from a client computer. This has nothing to do
with indexedDB. My plans are not to store the whole module in a database
but directly access the binary files like the sword library does. That's
why I've started sword.js (https://github.com/zefanja/swordjs) some
years ago. There is still a lot of work do be done, but it works for
most of the modules (although it would be very helpful, if there is some
kind of documentation about the internal way how the data is stored in
modules, so I don't have to rely on trial and error...)

So, I have no plans to store any of the modules content in an indexedDB.
I just want to be able download the modules directly from a clients
browser without having to rely on a (CORS enabled) server in the middle
that handles the request.

Stephan