[sword-devel] Catholic and Catholic2 versification

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Fri Jun 9 11:13:44 MST 2017

Here are the stats for as far back as we have them. Total by module broken out by “agent” and then by country. Other (SWORD) is the installmgr that doesn’t further identify itself like xiphos and PocketSword do. FTP & HTTP - Direct downloads are all downloads that are not identified as one of the others.

Given the high number of times that PorCap has been downloaded, I think we need to try to maintain backward compatibility.

[dmsmith at www bin]$ ./moduleStats.pl -name KonNYM,PorCap,SloStritar -start 1900-01-01 -end now
16085	PorCap
By agent
8441	AndBible (JSword)
	3688	Portugal
	3393	Brazil
	466	Mozambique
	194	Angola
	96	Cape Verde
	65	United States
	50	Germany
	47	Italy
	39	Spain
	37	France
	32	Philippines
	25	South Africa
	25	United Kingdom
	19	Switzerland
	18	Netherlands
	16	Mexico
	11	Guinea-Bissau
	11	Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
	9	Czech Republic
	9	Timor-Leste
	8	Europe
	8	Poland
	8	Egypt
	8	Lithuania
	8	Sao Tome and Principe
	7	United Arab Emirates
	6	Trinidad and Tobago
	6	China
	6	Indonesia
	6	India
	5	Asia/Pacific Region
	5	Namibia
	4	Sweden
	4	Korea, Republic of
	4	Argentina
	4	Russian Federation
	4	Vietnam
	4	Romania
	4	Greece
	4	Belgium
	4	Venezuela
	3	Peru
	3	Nigeria
	3	Qatar
	3	Turkey
	3	Paraguay
	3	Israel
	3	Madagascar
	3	Canada
	3	Austria
	3	Andorra
	2	Uruguay
	2	Guatemala
	2	Dominican Republic
	2	Japan
	2	Ecuador
	2	Algeria
	2	Kenya
	2	Taiwan
	2	Singapore
	2	Cote D'Ivoire
	2	French Guiana
	1	Benin
	1	Hungary
	1	Zambia
	1	Hong Kong
	1	Guinea
	1	Holy See (Vatican City State)
	1	Serbia
	1	Morocco
	1	Bolivia
	1	Australia
	1	Macau
	1	Cyprus
	1	Thailand
	1	Luxembourg
	1	Ukraine
	1	Chile
	1	Colombia
	1	Haiti
	1	Bosnia and Herzegovina
	1	Malaysia
	1	Denmark
	1	Senegal
3290	Other (SWORD)
	1799	Brazil
	500	United States
	165	Portugal
	74	Germany
	61	Italy
	44	Mexico
	40	Canada
	37	United Kingdom
	34	Mozambique
	22	Sweden
	22	Japan
	21	Netherlands
	20	Russian Federation
	18	Korea, Republic of
	18	France
	17	South Africa
	16	Ukraine
	15	Angola
	15	Poland
	15	Spain
	13	Australia
	13	Switzerland
	13	Finland
	13	Venezuela
	11	Czech Republic
	11	Dominican Republic
	10	Guatemala
	10	Ecuador
	10	Philippines
	10	Belgium
	10	Chile
	10	Colombia
	9	Hungary
	9	Argentina
	9	New Zealand
	8	Indonesia
	8	Ireland
	8	Ghana
	7	Romania
	6	Austria
	5	Honduras
	5	Madagascar
	5	Cameroon
	4	Uruguay
	4	Zambia
	4	Ethiopia
	4	Peru
	4	Tunisia
	4	Mauritius
	4	Paraguay
	4	El Salvador
	4	Kenya
	4	Bulgaria
	4	Zimbabwe
	3	Hong Kong
	3	Nigeria
	3	Croatia
	3	India
	3	Bolivia
	3	Norway
	3	Luxembourg
	3	Cape Verde
	2	Guadeloupe
	2	Qatar
	2	Serbia
	2	Slovakia
	2	Moldova, Republic of
	2	Israel
	2	Egypt
	2	Thailand
	2	Belarus
	2	Cote D'Ivoire
	2	Kazakhstan
	2	Greece
	2	Uganda
	2	Tanzania, United Republic of
	2	Costa Rica
	1	Puerto Rico
	1	Nepal
	1	Trinidad and Tobago
	1	Guinea
	1	Guyana
	1	Congo
	1	Estonia
	1	Armenia
	1	Oman
	1	Nicaragua
	1	Faroe Islands
	1	Slovenia
	1	Gabon
	1	Taiwan
	1	Macedonia
	1	Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
	1	Lithuania
	1	Singapore
	1	Vietnam
	1	Timor-Leste
	1	Malaysia
	1	Cambodia
	1	New Caledonia
	1	Denmark
	1	Senegal
	1	Rwanda
1490	Xiphos (SWORD)
	1027	Brazil
	249	Portugal
	77	United States
	14	Germany
	11	Tunisia
	9	France
	9	Spain
	7	United Kingdom
	6	Canada
	6	South Africa
	6	Italy
	5	Romania
	5	Poland
	4	Mozambique
	4	Philippines
	3	Norway
	3	Angola
	3	Finland
	3	Ireland
	3	Mexico
	2	Bolivia
	2	Uruguay
	2	Sweden
	2	Argentina
	2	Cape Verde
	2	Netherlands
	2	Venezuela
	2	Albania
	1	Australia
	1	Russian Federation
	1	Switzerland
	1	Korea, Republic of
	1	Azerbaijan
	1	China
	1	Indonesia
	1	Austria
	1	Cameroon
	1	Greece
	1	Turkey
	1	Zimbabwe
	1	Ghana
	1	Belgium
	1	Sao Tome and Principe
	1	Chile
	1	Japan
	1	Moldova, Republic of
	1	Israel
	1	Denmark
1205	PocketSword (SWORD)
	861	Portugal
	175	Brazil
	35	United States
	20	Philippines
	10	Italy
	9	Switzerland
	9	United Kingdom
	9	Angola
	9	Germany
	7	Israel
	7	Spain
	6	Bosnia and Herzegovina
	5	Canada
	4	Mozambique
	3	Australia
	3	Japan
	3	France
	3	Poland
	2	Macau
	2	China
	2	South Africa
	2	Belgium
	2	Sao Tome and Principe
	2	Mexico
	1	Bolivia
	1	Sweden
	1	Zambia
	1	Korea, Republic of
	1	Norway
	1	United Arab Emirates
	1	Guatemala
	1	Singapore
	1	Peru
	1	Finland
	1	Czech Republic
	1	Cape Verde
	1	Turkey
	1	Netherlands
	1	Namibia
1034	HTTP - Direct download
	629	Brazil
	102	Portugal
	48	United States
	47	Germany
	19	Korea, Republic of
	17	United Kingdom
	15	Philippines
	9	Japan
	8	Argentina
	8	Sao Tome and Principe
	8	Mexico
	7	Italy
	6	Canada
	6	Mozambique
	6	Israel
	6	Panama
	6	Spain
	5	Angola
	5	France
	5	India
	4	China
	4	Finland
	4	Venezuela
	4	Poland
	3	Hungary
	3	South Africa
	3	Indonesia
	3	Tunisia
	2	Bolivia
	2	Europe
	2	Switzerland
	2	United Arab Emirates
	2	Nigeria
	2	Czech Republic
	2	Colombia
	2	Netherlands
	2	Costa Rica
	2	Ecuador
	2	Jamaica
	2	Senegal
	1	Uruguay
	1	N/A
	1	Taiwan
	1	Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
	1	Macau
	1	Ethiopia
	1	Bermuda
	1	Singapore
	1	Peru
	1	Asia/Pacific Region
	1	Romania
	1	Austria
	1	Cameroon
	1	Nicaragua
	1	Greece
	1	Turkey
	1	Ghana
	1	Paraguay
	1	Malaysia
	1	Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
277	Other (JSword)
	217	Brazil
	26	United States
	6	Portugal
	5	Angola
	4	Germany
	2	Australia
	2	Philippines
	2	Mexico
	1	Bolivia
	1	Italy
	1	Macedonia
	1	Russian Federation
	1	Belgium
	1	United Kingdom
	1	Korea, Republic of
	1	Guyana
	1	Japan
	1	South Africa
	1	Indonesia
	1	Peru
	1	Martinique
251	Search engine
	130	United States
	93	China
	13	Germany
	7	Korea, Republic of
	4	France
	3	Denmark
	1	Latvia
97	FTP - Direct download
	39	United States
	9	Brazil
	8	Portugal
	6	France
	6	Ukraine
	5	United Kingdom
	3	Germany
	3	Korea, Republic of
	3	Thailand
	3	Guatemala
	2	Italy
	2	Russian Federation
	2	Mexico
	1	Australia
	1	Chile
	1	Colombia
	1	South Africa
	1	Israel
	1	Czech Republic
============

1427	SloStritar
By agent
799	Other (SWORD)
	257	United States
	105	Brazil
	53	Netherlands
	37	Germany
	26	Canada
	24	Italy
	15	Sweden
	15	Mexico
	14	Japan
	14	United Kingdom
	12	Czech Republic
	12	France
	11	Poland
	11	Russian Federation
	10	South Africa
	9	Ukraine
	9	Finland
	8	Australia
	7	Korea, Republic of
	7	Dominican Republic
	7	Austria
	6	Ghana
	6	Slovenia
	6	Belgium
	5	Ecuador
	5	Switzerland
	5	New Zealand
	5	Venezuela
	4	Portugal
	4	Nigeria
	4	Croatia
	4	Spain
	4	Colombia
	3	Hungary
	3	Guatemala
	3	Serbia
	3	Kenya
	3	Bulgaria
	3	Belarus
	3	Cameroon
	3	Chile
	2	Ethiopia
	2	Armenia
	2	Argentina
	2	Mauritius
	2	El Salvador
	2	India
	2	Romania
	2	Greece
	2	Cape Verde
	2	Philippines
	2	Tanzania, United Republic of
	2	Zimbabwe
	2	Haiti
	1	Zambia
	1	Nepal
	1	Hong Kong
	1	Guyana
	1	Congo
	1	Indonesia
	1	Peru
	1	Saudi Arabia
	1	Oman
	1	Ireland
	1	Qatar
	1	Tunisia
	1	Malawi
	1	Moldova, Republic of
	1	Israel
	1	Taiwan
	1	Macedonia
	1	Micronesia, Federated States of
	1	Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
	1	Norway
	1	Thailand
	1	Singapore
	1	Vietnam
	1	Cote D'Ivoire
	1	Uganda
	1	Costa Rica
	1	Kuwait
	1	Senegal
196	AndBible (JSword)
	81	Slovenia
	32	Czech Republic
	11	United Kingdom
	11	Slovakia
	7	Germany
	7	Switzerland
	6	United States
	6	Ukraine
	5	Austria
	4	Poland
	3	Russian Federation
	3	Ireland
	2	Egypt
	2	Philippines
	2	Croatia
	2	Vietnam
	1	Serbia
	1	Trinidad and Tobago
	1	Belgium
	1	Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
	1	Bulgaria
	1	Canada
	1	China
	1	Brazil
	1	Netherlands
	1	India
	1	Spain
	1	Greece
160	Search engine
	104	China
	50	United States
	2	Germany
	2	Korea, Republic of
	1	France
	1	Denmark
95	HTTP - Direct download
	19	Slovenia
	17	United Kingdom
	10	Germany
	6	United States
	5	Korea, Republic of
	5	Israel
	3	Sweden
	2	Hungary
	2	Canada
	2	Ecuador
	2	Slovakia
	2	Jamaica
	2	Poland
	2	Austria
	2	Spain
	1	Italy
	1	Trinidad and Tobago
	1	Tunisia
	1	Mexico
	1	China
	1	Brazil
	1	Ethiopia
	1	South Africa
	1	Croatia
	1	Malaysia
	1	Ukraine
	1	Finland
	1	India
	1	Cameroon
71	FTP - Direct download
	34	United States
	4	Germany
	4	United Kingdom
	4	Ukraine
	3	Russian Federation
	3	Thailand
	3	France
	2	Australia
	2	Switzerland
	2	Guatemala
	2	Finland
	1	Italy
	1	Korea, Republic of
	1	Colombia
	1	Japan
	1	Poland
	1	Slovenia
	1	Romania
	1	Portugal
71	Xiphos (SWORD)
	15	United States
	13	Slovenia
	6	United Kingdom
	4	Tunisia
	4	Brazil
	4	Poland
	4	Czech Republic
	3	Germany
	2	Switzerland
	2	France
	2	South Africa
	2	Finland
	1	Australia
	1	Sweden
	1	Hungary
	1	New Zealand
	1	Korea, Republic of
	1	Faroe Islands
	1	Ukraine
	1	Romania
	1	Denmark
	1	Spain
21	Other (JSword)
	13	United States
	1	Australia
	1	Indonesia
	1	Croatia
	1	United Kingdom
	1	Korea, Republic of
	1	Mexico
	1	Slovenia
	1	Brazil
14	PocketSword (SWORD)
	6	United States
	3	United Kingdom
	1	Slovenia
	1	Israel
	1	Germany
	1	Croatia
	1	Austria
============

919	KonNYM
By agent
557	Other (SWORD)
	204	United States
	68	Brazil
	25	Germany
	20	Canada
	18	Italy
	14	United Kingdom
	13	Japan
	10	South Africa
	9	Mexico
	9	France
	8	Sweden
	8	Russian Federation
	8	Ukraine
	7	Czech Republic
	7	Poland
	6	Venezuela
	5	Korea, Republic of
	5	Portugal
	5	Dominican Republic
	5	Netherlands
	5	Australia
	5	New Zealand
	4	Hungary
	4	Ethiopia
	4	Ecuador
	4	Spain
	4	Switzerland
	4	Finland
	4	Austria
	4	Belgium
	4	Colombia
	3	Belarus
	3	Tanzania, United Republic of
	3	Chile
	2	Guatemala
	2	Nigeria
	2	Moldova, Republic of
	2	Croatia
	2	India
	2	Taiwan
	2	Romania
	2	Cameroon
	2	Senegal
	1	Zambia
	1	Hong Kong
	1	China
	1	Guyana
	1	Congo
	1	Indonesia
	1	Peru
	1	Armenia
	1	Saudi Arabia
	1	Oman
	1	Ghana
	1	Serbia
	1	Tunisia
	1	Malawi
	1	Mauritius
	1	El Salvador
	1	Kenya
	1	Bulgaria
	1	Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
	1	Macau
	1	Norway
	1	Thailand
	1	Singapore
	1	Cote D'Ivoire
	1	Kazakhstan
	1	Greece
	1	Cape Verde
	1	Uganda
	1	Philippines
	1	Zimbabwe
123	Search engine
	80	China
	37	United States
	3	Korea, Republic of
	2	Germany
	1	France
72	HTTP - Direct download
	15	United Kingdom
	11	Korea, Republic of
	8	Germany
	7	United States
	5	Israel
	5	Spain
	3	Poland
	2	Canada
	2	Brazil
	2	Malaysia
	1	Benin
	1	Philippines
	1	Sweden
	1	Tunisia
	1	Ethiopia
	1	Ecuador
	1	South Africa
	1	Cambodia
	1	Finland
	1	India
	1	Austria
	1	Cameroon
51	AndBible (JSword)
	11	Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
	7	Switzerland
	5	Angola
	3	Germany
	3	United Kingdom
	2	Zimbabwe
	2	United States
	2	Colombia
	2	Brazil
	2	Congo
	2	Cote D'Ivoire
	2	Rwanda
	1	Benin
	1	Tanzania, United Republic of
	1	Ghana
	1	Israel
	1	India
	1	Togo
	1	Namibia
	1	Greece
49	Xiphos (SWORD)
	15	United States
	4	Germany
	4	Tunisia
	4	Brazil
	3	Poland
	2	Australia
	2	Korea, Republic of
	2	Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
	2	South Africa
	2	Finland
	1	Switzerland
	1	United Kingdom
	1	New Zealand
	1	Canada
	1	Japan
	1	France
	1	Ireland
	1	Romania
	1	Denmark
44	FTP - Direct download
	24	United States
	3	France
	3	United Kingdom
	3	Thailand
	2	Australia
	2	Guatemala
	2	Switzerland
	2	Korea, Republic of
	1	Finland
	1	Portugal
	1	Spain
14	Other (JSword)
	9	United States
	2	United Kingdom
	1	Brazil
	1	Korea, Republic of
	1	Mexico
9	PocketSword (SWORD)
	2	United Kingdom
	2	Kenya
	1	Germany
	1	United States
	1	Ireland
	1	Namibia
	1	Netherlands
============

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 1:33 PM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:
>
> I’d like to have Troy and Peter’s guidance on this. It is both a software and a module management issue. Back in the day, we knew this was likely to happen.
>
> I’m still gathering stats. It is a slow process. I think it should help inform a decision. The upshot is that there are thousands of downloads of these three modules since they have been introduced. Some are more popular than others. Details to follow.
>
> The question is how to go forward. One way is to break backward compatibility. The other is to try to create a reasonable migration path. (Which is what I recommend.)
>
> From an engineering perspective, we can have any number of versifications in the engine and they can have any name. However, we’ve been reluctant to add versifications, especially if they are one offs. So far versification names are a blend of A-Za-z0-9, I don’t know if there are other restrictions. It seems to follow C variable naming restrictions.
>
> Things to consider when updating a module’s conf.
> MinimumVersion. When we add a new versification, it is tied to a particular release. This means that new module potentially won’t be available until the SWORD engine is released (any day now….) and the front-end is updated.
>
> Obsoletes. For a module to obsolete another, it needs a different [Name] and have Obsoletes. It probably should have a different Description (old JSword bug, long since fixed, doesn’t like it when two modules have the same Description).
>
> Versification. It should give the appropriate v11n.
>
> DM
>
>> On Jun 9, 2017, at 11:13 AM, Cyrille <lafricain79 at gmail.com <mailto:lafricain79 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Not a lot! And Konnym doesn't have (not yet) the Old Testament. I manage it...
>> Then if you prefer to write a new v11n, I can do it. But what name to give it? And I would to write 2 v11n, one for esther 10 and one for Esther 16.
>> A name can be CatholicEs10, and CatholicEs16?
>>
>> Le 09/06/2017 à 15:46, DM Smith a écrit :
>>> On the CrossWire server the following are in the main repository:
>>> konnym.conf:Versification=Catholic2
>>> porcap.conf:Versification=Catholic