[sword-devel] Catholic and Catholic2 versification

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Jun 6 06:50:40 MST 2017

If an existing v11n changes, all modules released by it will have to be re-released with the update and all front-ends will have to be recompiled with it. JSword will need to change too and front-ends based upon it, also.

The reason is simple the index file for a testament is an indexed array with each verse in the v11n having a predetermined index.

If no modules have been released with it, it is a fairly safe change. The risk are older front-ends with the wrong tables.

Issuing a v2 (simply another v11n with a new name) and deprecating the older probably is a safer change.

In Him,
	DM