[sword-devel] Strong's numbers and revisions thereof ...

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:19:58 MST 2017

I also put this question to *Tyndale STEP Development*:

Have there been any corrections to Strong's numbers for the modules that
STEP maintains?

Here's their reply:

Yes, lots. STEP uses lexemes rather than forms based on lexemes, and
converts common phrases in Strongs to individual words. Also it includes the
variants missing from Strongs plus a couple of thousand words found only in
LXX. The tagging aims to stay in line with *Tauber's tagging*, seeing as it
was found to be almost identical.

My observations:

The reference is to *J. K. Tauber* at http://jktauber.com/

Any text development project[s] that may be planning to add Strong's numbers
to their own Bible translation[s] should do so on the basis of the best
available Biblical scholarship. It would not be wise to merely use the same
Strong's tagging that's found in several of our older modules, not even our
flagship KJV module. Likewise, it would be unwise to merely mimic or copy
the tagging available at various non-CrossWire online Bible study tools such
as BibleHub at http://biblehub.com/

There may also be copyright issues, so proceed with caution.

/Ad fontes!/

Best regards,

David