[sword-devel] Supporting App Transport Security (in iOS & OS X apps)

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 12 07:56:00 MST 2017

Bringing this to your attention in relation to PocketSword & Eloquent
development.

In the busy period before Christmas, you may not have noticed this Apple
announcement.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=12212016b

December 21, 2016

App Transport Security (ATS), introduced in iOS 9 and OS X v10.11, improves
user security and privacy by requiring apps to use secure network
connections over HTTPS. At WWDC 2016 we announced that apps submitted to the
App Store will be required to support ATS at the end of the year. To give
you additional time to prepare, this deadline has been extended and we will
provide another update when a new deadline is confirmed. Learn more about
ATS.

--------

Brought to my attention through last week's Security Now! podcast on
http://twit.tv

Best regards,

David