[sword-devel] Architecture and issues reporting

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Feb 20 04:15:23 MST 2017

> Von: "Jaak Ristioja" <jaak at ristioja.ee>
> Ideally, the Sword toolset should make it impossible to produce buggy
> modules in the first place.

I think this is essentially impossible. Not for libsword problems but because the bulk of module problems we encounter nouwadays are not in any form wrong xml wise or even bad OSIS, but reflect semantics. Which can not really get tested again.

Really wrong modules - invalid XML etc - are caught well before they make the repos.

The main remaining and unresolved recurrent module related problem is around the USFM/OSIS transition tool chain where the inadequate nature of USFM and makes it hard to really eradicate odd stuff. I think if some of the existing talent on the mailing list could commit themselves to fix that part further we module makers would be a long step further down the line.

Peetr