[sword-devel] Release Wrapup

Matt Zabojnik mattzab at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 12:52:13 MST 2017

I don't mean to derail this in any way. I've previously only had experience
with HTML/PHP/SQL, and I'm now learning Python (in order to develop a
SWORD-related Android app)

Would it be beneficial to port the whole project to Python? That seems to
be a widely known and easy to learn language.
Forgive my ignorance if this question is completely unreasonable. I've
previously only ventured into hack-together type of workaround stuff when
it comes to computers, rather than true programming. (Learning RegEx has
been an amazing eye-opening experience in module making)

I know BPBible was written mostly in Python. If I get good enough at Python
and have the time I may fork and develop that front-end where I can. I'm
still pretty green though to say the least.