[sword-devel] Architecture and issues reporting

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 19 08:28:40 MST 2017

Many of the front-end developers get frustrated when users report software or
module issues that are not caused by any fault in the front-end program.

Here in this mailing list, most of us are very familiar with the back-end /
front-end architecture of our Bible software, yet even when relatively new
users begin to understand this, it's still not that simple for them to
distinguish symptoms due to a back-end bug and those due to a front-end bug.

Likewise to judge when a bug is in a module rather than in our software.

I feel that we could do with some worked examples in the developers's wiki
that will aid users in terms of reporting issues.

Please comment and discuss.

If you feel inspired, please start a new wiki page for this very purpose.

Best regards,

David