[sword-devel] PocketSword can speak!

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 11 03:51:24 MST 2017

Hi Tim,

I first tried it on my iPhone and just with Speak Selection.

A passage from KJV Romans 6 was selected, and I'd set the English (UK) voice
to Daniel (Enhanced).

No serious problems. Quite satisfied with the results, once I'd set a
suitable reading speed.

Later I also tried it on my iPad Mini. It was then I spotted the Speak
Screen option.
This requires two finger downwards swipe. I never got the hang of this UI
interaction.
Everytime I swiped down, PS scrolled or even went to the next chapter.

I think this is a conflict between the PS touch screen interface and the iOS
interface.

Maybe that's something to be looked at in future after you and MB have made
progress in compiling PS for a new release.

btw. Unlike Festival, iOS TTS doesn't recognise Roman numerals!

Best regards,

David