[sword-devel] Third party modules with invalid [ModName] ?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:03:48 MST 2017

Earlier today, I observed that some third party Sword modules had an invalid
[ModName] containing a hyphen. Another one that contained a space.

I have advised those responsible for building these modules to rebuild with
valid [ModName] and ensure they also have the correct DataPath.

We normally advise that after a module has been renamed and released with
the new name, that the new configuration file should also include the
Obsoletes element.

So here are the questions:

1. Is it permissible for the Obsoletes= line to actually specify a
previously invalid ModName ?
2. If this element is used in this scenario, might there be any unforeseen
implications for any front-ends?

Best regards,

David