[sword-devel] Introducing myself, SwordHammer, and asking a ton of questions

jhphx jhphx at cox.net
Sat Dec 23 09:36:34 MST 2017

On 12/23/2017 7:28 AM, Tom Sullivan wrote:
>  A rather famous case is where a mobile home (house on wheels) was
> called "Holiday Rambler." American Motors (now defunct) sued because
> they had a car called "Rambler." They lost because the products were
> so unlike one another.

It may be worth noting, or not, that they did get sued. Sometimes
lawyers will advise to sue to establish a precedent of defending their
trade mark. Undefended trade marks become harder to defend and risk
becoming public domain.

Just my non-professional understanding and I could be wrong.

It may be worth considering how willing you would be to defend the name
if sued. Personally I think you should be fine but what do I know.

Jerry