[sword-devel] Japanese Bibles in Beta and some other stuff

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Aug 22 06:18:33 MST 2017

On 08/22/2017 07:01 AM, DM Smith wrote:
> I’m also curious and haven’t yet explored how morphology and lemmas at
> the word level would be marked up in conjunction with ruby at the
> character level.
No Japanese modules have glosses as well as morph/lemma/Strong's.

However, Hebrew modules SP and friends do. Here
<http://karl.kleinpaste.org/.../sp/> are a set of SP screenshots. Xiphos
has a problem here, because its layout for Strongs and morph allows a
certain size, and glosses occupy new space above main text, with the
result that the morph or Strong's content in the preceding line is
overlaid with the gloss of the current line. I'll have to look at this
in the future.

Nonetheless, I'm enabling glosses as default on.