[sword-devel] regenerating an editable Personal commentary

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Feb 4 10:25:24 MST 2016

I also don’t know how it was originally created. We’ve got the support in JSword for creating one. I’m looking at SWORD soon.

I know this isn’t what your asking but here is some info.
It appears the the idx files are fairly typical for an empty raw file for a bible. It has one file per testament and each entry is an offset into the dat file and the length in the dat file. They are all initialized to 0.

Each dat file can start as a 0 length file. I’m not sure that they even have to exist before the first entry is saved.

The dat file entries are the names of the files holding the verse entry.

Hope to have a better answer for you.

— DM