[sword-devel] Namespace Proposal re eBible - collissions, duplication, clean-up etc

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Sep 3 13:59:27 MST 2015

On Thu, 2015-09-03 at 14:32 -0400, DM Smith wrote:

> If I’m right then one could rename the kjv.conf to whatever-kjv.conf
> and it would work just as well.
>
> If this is the case, then the conf can have a namespace prefix.

yes, that will work. At least for Sword. I have not tested JSword on
it. The conf file name and the module name are entirely independent of
each other. Just convention keeps them the same.

> 3) This leaves the problem of collisions of module name and
> abbreviation.

The former (collision of two pre-existing identical modulenames) will
not be solved by your proposal, but will be solved by mine.

The collision of Abbreviations with each other is in essence
unavoidable if we want to allow free choice of abbreviation, but will
need to be resolved by the user. None of the proposals will nor can
resolve this

Collision of Abbreviation and ModuleName is a software bug in frontends
and needs to be resolved there and not here.

Peter