[sword-devel] testing for diacritics

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Sep 2 13:46:44 MST 2015

On Wed, 2015-09-02 at 07:18 -0700, David Haslam wrote:
> Windows users may find it useful to know that BabelPad has a menu
> option to
> strip diacritics.

Again, the point of my request is not to remove diacritics per se, but
to test their presence (the presence only of those we have a filter for
stripping) and if so, to engage the appropriate GlobalOptionFilter in
the conf file.

While there are a whole bunch of ways of removing diacritics, including
GUI tools and various ways of engaging with regexes, using the sword
-library itself ensures that any GlobalOptionFilter set in a conf file
is actually corresponding to a real, existing ability of the engine to
do something with the text. It also ensures that any modulemaking
scripts do not need to be kept separately in sync with whatever happens
in the engine.

Peter