[sword-devel] Lamsa Bible

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Oct 1 13:44:43 MST 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-01 at 21:32 +0200, SonWon wrote:
> What is the process to obtain permission to add to the Sword library?
>   Are there any forms to fill out by the copyright holder?

It is up to the copyright holder who will tell us what they want. Some
sent us a letter, some want a licence contract signed, whatever. We are
very flexible, as long as no onerous conditions are laid upon us.

FWIW, I am not interested in the text, so you would have to do the
whole work - from obtaining the licence in CrossWire's name to
producing a text and a conf file ready for import.

It did not sound as if David is smitten by the text either.

No one else has commented on this thread with willingness/eagerness to
do much

There is therefore no point for you to ask for permissions if you are
not prepared to actually produce the module from scratch.

I do not want to discourage you, but I think it is worthwhile to
understand the full implications for "why is there not module A, B or
C?"

Peter