[sword-devel] FireBible is back - 2.0b3 released!

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Sun May 10 09:55:43 MST 2015

On 2015-05-10, 09:22 GMT, Brian Fernandes wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out, no - I was *not* aware of this. We're
> using js-ctypes, so I believe we're okay, at least for the immediate
> future. Having said that, the article doesn't speak too favorably about
> this technology either, so I wonder how long it will last. I'll talk to
> John and see what we need to do, if anything.

Just a side-note: I think time is coming more and more to bit
the bullet and accept https://github.com/zefanja/swordjs as
a third blessed Sword-compatible system. I am not crazy about
the current trend of “throw out all programs we have ever
written and rewrite them in JavaScript” but I am afraid that it
is getting inevitable to follow the suit. At least with the
oncoming ES6 the language is getting to be less ridiculous
(modules and libraries are now being possible at least).

Blessings,

Matěj

Home is where ~/.bashrc is.
   -- from Usenet