[sword-devel] NASB?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 06:32:59 MST 2015

To that end, I don't follow JSword as closely as SWORD itself, but I
know the necessary fixes are into the JSword repository and I thought
they had been released. All that we're now waiting for is BibleDesktop
to be updated with a release. I'm not aware of any outstanding bugs in
the NASB conversion itself, though I'll have to comb through my email
in order to be sure.

After that, it is still necessary to tackle the NASGreek and NASHebrew
companion lexica that should live alongside the NASB. HIstorically,
however, the TEI filters have been woefully under-capable in their
outputs to make this look good (though I saw Peter hacking away on the
TEI filters recently). I also don't know the first thing about TEI
other than that it is an XML dialect. I'll need to beef up my
knowledge of it in order to get through those conversions. But I don't
know if Troy will want to go back to Lockman with the NASB module
directly while we continue work on the lexica or if the two are
supposed to be a unit. I'm just playing to the technical side of the
work, not the external interfacing with Lockman. He'll have to speak
to the coordination piece of the puzzle.

--Greg