[sword-devel] Maps module

Fr Cyrille lafricain79 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 07:46:48 MST 2015

Hi,
Thanks you for this informations very interesting, I can't understand
why I didn't found it myself?

Le 24/06/2015 20:50, yvand a écrit :
> Hi Cyrille,
>
> I guess you want to create a "genbook" (General book), the documentation
> explains how to create a such module (with chapter, image and text basic
> formatting support) using OSIS format. See
> http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_Genbooks

Ok this link helped me a lot...
> I don't know if it the only way to create a "genbook", but it is
> currently the recommanded way.
> If someone else can answer these questions it may help : Which format
> can be used to generate genbook module ? Does USFM support "genbook" ?
> If so, how to split book into various chapters ?
>
> Moreover according to the documentation, there is a tool that can
> convert an ODT file (Open/LibreOffice Writer) to SWORD module. It seems
> to support images. See :
> http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/GenBook_and_OpenOffice

About this page, I discovered two pages about genbook and Libreoffice,
the first link seem to be the old page  :
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/GenBook_and_OpenOffice
And this one the new and good (the link and good, and the name of the
filter odt2osis):
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/OpenOffice_Export_Filter_for_Genbooks
It can be interesting to correct this on the wiki and to put a link on
the page about format to this this page.
I tested the filter, installation ok, using for text ok, it's very very
nice!! Thank you Daniel. But problems occurred when I tried to integrate
pictures and bible reference.
- For pictures, I didn't forgot to create the folder with the picture
but during export, in the xml file in the picture "place" it's written :
<figure src="Missing image path"/> And in xiphos an error occur : La
taille d'une image n'a pu être déterminée.
&app; ne peut redimensionner les images pour s'adapter à la fenêtre.
Of course, because the is no link in the xml file. Maybe I understand
not very well how to do for picture... But I tested also with the
default picture of crosswire, without result.
I think there is a lake of informations on the way to do it.
-  For reference, I apply the character style osisref, but in the xml
file after export, references are just text...
Thanks you help,
Br Cyrille

--
L'Africain