[sword-devel] Maps module

yvand yvand.sword at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:50:21 MST 2015

Hi Cyrille,

I guess you want to create a "genbook" (General book), the documentation
explains how to create a such module (with chapter, image and text basic
formatting support) using OSIS format. See
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_Genbooks

I don't know if it the only way to create a "genbook", but it is
currently the recommanded way.
If someone else can answer these questions it may help : Which format
can be used to generate genbook module ? Does USFM support "genbook" ?
If so, how to split book into various chapters ?

Moreover according to the documentation, there is a tool that can
convert an ODT file (Open/LibreOffice Writer) to SWORD module. It seems
to support images. See :
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/GenBook_and_OpenOffice

Blessings
yvand