[sword-devel] Av11n mark 2

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 16 04:14:40 MST 2015

I agree with Michael Johnson.

The fact that he has nearly 700 translations that could theoretically be
made into modules presents a huge challenge to our flexibility. I would like
to see all of these converted into Sword modules and hosted on a new
repository that Michael would maintain. If he could achieve this after some
considerable programming effort, I would want to see such a repository added
to CrossWire's master repository list.

He has rigthly identified the technical hurdle that hinders progress.

We have rather "painted ourselves into a corner" by decisions we made
several years ago in av11n.
Having a limited set of v11n schemes made sense back then, but it now
hinders volume module creation.
A new approach is needed.

We have too few volunteers to do things manually.

Best regards,
David