[sword-devel] Av11n mark 2

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Wed Jul 15 20:21:44 MST 2015

On 07/15/2015 06:25 PM, Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
> I don't actually care if we line all Bibles up to the same content
> when they have different versification, although that would be nice. I
> care that they can be displayed and searched.

*Aligning variant v11ns is not something most users want to do often, or
ever.  Our users can get along just fine if there are a few verses
mismatched in a parallel display.  Good Bibles can include their own
indicators in the text and/or footnotesto explain differences (cf. NET
Isaiah 64:1 <https://net.bible.org/#%21bible/Isaiah+64> note 1).

More Bibles in more languages should be the name of our game.  I don't
know why this project should be in the business of critiquing/policing
all publishers' module content.