[sword-devel] Scope

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Thu Jan 8 07:15:13 MST 2015

I think there's a bit of confusion here.

JSword is enhanced to automatically populate a new "side conf file" which
sits along side the existing SWORD conf file that the user downloads. The
two fields are to record the list of books (OSIS Book abbreviations space
separated) and list of verses (OSIS ref format).

The fields get populated by the JSword engine as soon as the frontend
develop calls that method (lazily populated)

As an example, the following information is stored for the ESV module under
~/.jsword/jsword-mods.d/esv.conf

[ESV]
Scope=Intro.OT-Mal.4.5 Intro.NT-Matt.12.46 Matt.12.48-Matt.17.20
Matt.17.22-Matt.18.10 Matt.18.12-Matt.23.13 Matt.23.15-Mark.7.15
Mark.7.17-Mark.9.43 Mark.9.45 Mark.9.47-Mark.11.25 Mark.11.27-Mark.15.27
Mark.15.29-Luke.17.35 Luke.17.37-Luke.23.16 Luke.23.18-John.5.3
John.5.5-Acts.8.36 Acts.8.38-Acts.15.33 Acts.15.35-Acts.24.6
Acts.24.8-Acts.28.28 Acts.28.30-Rom.16.23 Rom.16.25-Rev.12.17
Rev.13-Rev.22.19
BookList=Gen Exod Lev Num Deut Josh Judg Ruth 1Sam 2Sam 1Kgs 2Kgs 1Chr 2Chr
Ezra Neh Esth Job Ps Prov Eccl Song Isa Jer Lam Ezek Dan Hos Joel Amos Obad
Jonah Mic Nah Hab Zeph Hag Zech Mal Matt Mark Luke John Acts Rom 1Cor 2Cor
Gal Eph Phil Col 1Thess 2Thess 1Tim 2Tim Titus Phlm Heb Jas 1Pet 2Pet 1John
2John 3John Jude Rev

Hope this helps.
Chris