[sword-devel] Scope

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 06:39:08 MST 2015

Hi Peter,

If I read Chris' comment correctly, you wouldn't need to do put anything in
the conf file.  It will automatically figure it out based on which books
(and possibly chapters?) are in the Bible.
This roughly matches the direction discussion took in the original thread,
as enough people found enough problems with having a scope specifier in the
conf file.

So long as this performs OK I think it's a great solution, because it tells
you exactly what is in the Bible, and won't get specified wrongly or fall
out of date.
Main advantage: Module maker doesn't have to specify the scope.  It "just
works".
Main disadvantage: Frontend developers have to implement it :(

Hope that makes sense.

Jon