[sword-devel] Delays in rendering?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 13:36:12 MST 2015

sword::SWMgr library (new sword::MarkupFilterMgr (sword::FMT_PLAIN));

This line of code should only be executed once at program start-up and
any time you detect a change in the installed modules - basically
after interacting with the install manager to install a new work.
(Even then there might be a refresh option, as the instantiation of
the manager not only searches for modules but also for installed
locale files). If you move that to a location where it does not
execute every time navigation changes, you should see substantially
improved performance.

--Greg