[sword-devel] Delays in rendering?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Feb 21 22:13:34 MST 2015

Hey David,

It's hard to say without knowing what calls you're making to the API,
but yes, it's likely you're doing something not in the optimal way.  My
first guess is that you are calling an external program repeated to get
results.  SWORD has an initialization hit when it first is accessed--
finding all modules, loading locales, etc.  Once initialized, calls
should be very fast, but if you are launching an external program over
and over, the engine is initializing on each call.  Maybe not what
you're doing, but without more info, that's my best shot.
Hope we can get you running fast.

Troy