[sword-devel] PEG parser for USFM

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 30 05:22:23 MST 2015

Another example, which may not be intuitive if you only read the USFM
Reference.

This is the correct way for Paratext to mark a Psalm title when it is [part
of] verse 1.

\c 5
\cl NKEMBILA YA 5
\d
\v 1 Nkembila ya David. Yo me katuka na mukanda ya mfumu ya bayina ke
yimbaka. Nkunga yai bo fwete kuyimba yo ti flûte.
\q1
\v 2 Mfumu Nzambi, tula dikutu na ndinga na mono;wa bidilu na mono*.

i.e.  The descriptive title tag \d may be followed by a new line and a verse
tag!

Suppose the title is only part of verse 1, then this would be the way to do
it.

\c 5
\cl NKEMBILA YA 5
\d
\v 1 Nkembila ya David.
\q1 Yo me katuka na mukanda ya mfumu ya bayina ke yimbaka. Nkunga yai bo
fwete kuyimba yo ti flûte.
\q1
\v 2 Mfumu Nzambi, tula dikutu na ndinga na mono;wa bidilu na mono*.

In both cases, our conversion from USFM to OSIS gets this wrong!!!

David

For Psalm 5, the title would be the whole of verse 1 in some Bibles.
The second example here is merely for illustration.