[sword-devel] Yet another iteration of the eBible.org repository is in progress.

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Aug 20 20:36:57 MST 2015

The perl script that I supplied earlier, packageModule.sh, can be used to validate much about the repository. Just use the -n option and it will only generate a report. If you want to use it to maintain a repository, then -D needs to be added to the zip command.

It will report on the proper value of InstallSize and whether the module has an incorrect value or whether the key is missing.

It will also report casing problems, whether a conf is present but the files are not, whether files are present and the conf is not, whether the zip file is present but the module isn’t or whether the zip file needs to be built.

It will help. Even if you don’t run it without the -n option, please run it and clean up any problems it reports.

I’d suggest doing your rebuilds to an alternate name, then testing the alternate name. Once valid, swap it in.

Michael H’s suggestion of a development repo is a good one.

Really hope this helps,
	DM