[sword-devel] Yet another iteration of the eBible.org repository is in progress.

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 20:27:14 MST 2015

A live production repository probably shouldn't be the immediate landing
place for a developmental script. Can I suggest a 2nd development ebible
repository, where untested modules generated by the script can land to be
validated without destroying a known working version?

Main sword repositories currently support a very large number of installs
(on the 500,000 - 10,000,000 order of magnitude), on 8-10 programs, across
~30 operating systems. It would be very wise that every module is validated
before it goes live onto a main repo, and once a module goes live, it isn't
replaced daily or randomly with another untested copy, but only when there
is a valid reason to update; and then only after the new version is
validated. The dev repo or 'nightly build' can continue to be for those
willing to live dangerously or participating in trials of a specific
language. When we've validated a module that needs updating actually works,
it can be copied over.