[sword-devel] Xiphos 4.0.3

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:17:17 MST 2015

The point is that, if we build against 1.1.2 (the way we used to build
against 1.7.1 of SWORD, etc) then we are forced to execute a rebuild
of the Xiphos and all other downstream packages just because the
filename changes to 1.1.3 later on. Even though 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 are
API/ABI compatible. By explicitly setting the SOVERSION to the
earliest ABI-compatible version, or to a unique value that tracks ABI
compatibility, we negate the need to force a rebuild of Xiphos every
time we update biblesync.

--Greg