[sword-devel] Xiphos 4.0.3

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Mon Aug 17 13:44:20 MST 2015

On 2015-08-17, 18:18 GMT, Greg Hellings wrote:
> Are you certain that you're calling up the xiphos that came from my
> packages? My biblesync build script never generates a
> biblesync.so.1.1.2 at all, so there should be no way for the Xiphos
> package to be created while referencing it. If the biblesync spec file
> was generating a library file with 1.1.2 at the end, I would get
> errors during build of the biblesync packages saying that the extra
> file wasn't packaged into the RPM.

Hmm, you are right, when I removed all sword related packages
and reinstalled from EPEL, I get working xiphos-gtk3. However,
I still don’t know what's the advantage of lying about the API
version. Rebuild is cheap and I think we have enough integers
for release numbers.

Best,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

This message has been composed of recycled electrons. None of
these electrons has been harmed or injured in the creation and
transmission of this message but they have been shamelessly
exploited for this use.