[sword-devel] cbible beta

Tim Hawes tim at selfdidactic.com
Fri Aug 7 19:40:00 MST 2015

Just released my first beta for cbible.

* I made the suggested header inclusion changes.

* Personal project, so limited functionality, and limited target build
  hosts (right now, just Ubuntu 14.04 with stock libs).

* Compatible with libsword 1.6, uses deprecated API so not compatible
  with more recent versions.

* cbible minor mode for Emacs that will insert Scripture references,
  and save region or buffer as a commentary entry in Personal commentary.

https://github.com/timotheosh/cbible/releases/tag/v0.09

I haven't decided on a TODO yet. The fact that I can read epub books in
Emacs, and now select large portions of text and add it to my personal
commentary while reading is huge to me.

Some potential features that would make this more complete:
 * Intelligent Cmake files for finding needed libraries.
 * Search capability via libsword.
 * Module options (like strongs numbers, etc.)
 * libsword 1.7+ compatibility

Feel free to fork: https://github.com/timotheosh/cbible.git

--
Sent with my mu4e