[sword-devel] autotools build having trouble in -r3373

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Apr 28 07:28:44 MST 2015

Someone came into #sword with build problems.  I now have the same thing
happening; I hadn't done "svn up" since 3358, but a fresh tree has all
manner of trouble with autotools build, during ./autogen.sh.

Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
lib/Makefile.am:17: warning: source file '$(keysdir)/swkey.cpp' is in a
subdirectory,
lib/Makefile.am:17: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the
'subdir-objects'
automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the
corresponding output
automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.
However,
automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they will
automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same
subdirectory
automake: of the corresponding sources.
automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option
throughout your
automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.
lib/Makefile.am:17: warning: source file '$(keysdir)/listkey.cpp' is in
a subdirectory,
lib/Makefile.am:17: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
lib/Makefile.am:17: warning: source file '$(keysdir)/strkey.cpp' is in a
subdirectory,
lib/Makefile.am:17: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled

and so on.  I'm on Fedora21, this person is on something called "void
linux" (I don't know what that is).  Any wisdom available?