[sword-devel] Xiphos 4.0.2

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Thu Apr 23 06:42:06 MST 2015

On 2015-04-23, 12:53 GMT, Fred Smith wrote:
> But I'm pretty ignorant of how to do that, so I've googled for how to
> build an RPM binary from source and found a number of hits.

This is pretty good document
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package

Practically you need to install packages mentioned in the
section 2 (sudo yum install @development fedora-packager; you
better have EPEL switched on as well, see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL#How_can_I_use_these_extra_packages.3F
).

Then you run (as normal user)

rpmdev-setuptree
cd rpmbuild
(copy .spec file to ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/ and tarball and all
patches to ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES)
rpmbuild -ba SPECS/xiphos.spec
(install all missed dependencies, and repeat)

Or,

you can just install packages from
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=629828,
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=629811, and
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=629754 (the
last one might be available in repos already) and let me know
what's broken.

Best,

Matěj

..every Man has a Property in his own Person. This no Body has
any Right to but himself. The Labour of his Body, and the Work of
his Hands, we may say, are properly his. .... The great and chief
end therefore, of Mens uniting into Commonwealths, and putting
themselves under Government, is the Preservation of their
Property.
    -- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"