[sword-devel] Sword C# bindings for Windows

Jon Behrens jbb at crimsonthread.com
Mon Sep 22 14:29:31 MST 2014

Thank you Greg.

As to icu-sword, the instructions on the wiki say to download it from
site.icu-project.org. If there's
a Sword specific version, perhaps the wiki could be updated to point
there? Or if you can give me
the URL, I'll include it in my write up.

As to libcurl, I'm using VS2013 which apparently doesn't include the
compiler version in the library
name. In any case, the note to check the actual name of the library in
the linker should probably
stay.

The syntax changes to the flatapi are driven by differences in MS C++
syntax. They're specific to
Windows and probably are of no general interest to the broader Linux
community.

In his NativeMethods class, Troy has a call to
org_crosswire_sword_SWMgr_newWithPath, but
that function is not declared or defined in flatapi. I just went ahead
and implemented it. Whether
that should be a permanent change is, of course, his call.

I did rewicker the C# project so its layout made a bit more sense to me
and so that it might be
easier for cross platform development. If anyone is interested, I would
be happy to include those
project files.

Finally, how would I go about submitting an entry to the wiki?

Jon