[sword-devel] OSIS markup for gen books and devotionals

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sat Sep 6 08:35:56 MST 2014

On 09/06/2014 10:35 AM, Laurie Fooks wrote:
> If we don't have a high level of commonality then I am concerned that
> we are losing the purpose of having a common "engine"
^/_This_./^

In all honesty, I have no idea what Xiphos (as the object of my personal
concern) could do differently.  We use the XHTML filters, and we ask the
engine to deliver text formatted according to those filters.  Nothing
more -- Xiphos is literally blind to further underlying details -- what
else is there for an application to do?  Why is this not identically
what all the other applications do, or alternatively, why is the result
among them different?