[sword-devel] OSIS markup for gen books and devotionals

Laurie Fooks laurie.fooks at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 07:35:43 MST 2014

Hi

The issue still stands as to what markup is common to front ends and
at what level should that apply - engine or front end.- sorry, I am
not aufait with how the sword system works at the program level

If we don't have a high level of commonality then I am concerned that
we are losing the purpose of having a common "engine"

The documentation pointed me to OSIS as the ongoing supported
standard, but sadly I am finding that is not the reality in genbooks
for anything but basics.

In some situations, it would be useful to make more use of media and
other advantages of an electronic document - sword is currently
limited and I'm not able to help with programming, but I would like to
be able to maximise use of what is available and have it usable on
whatever sword affiliated front end the end user prefers.

As I have said, I do appreciate the work many people have contributed
- I am also trying to help by giving my test results on what I have
found as a new user. I do feel that the system / project would benefit
from establishing (or publishing/clarifying same) minimum standards
for markup functionality

While I am also integrating content into other systems aimed at mobile
devices, the sword system has some benefits and I would like to be
able to use it more.

Thanks again for an excellent framework.